Preparation Time: 10 minutes
3 Tbsp vanilla Right® Light or vanilla protein powder (whey or soy)
½ cup egg substitute
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
2 slices whole-wheat bread
¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
1. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter-flavored cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Place Right® Light or vanilla protein powder in a pie plate and slowly pour in egg substitute while stirring with a fork until smooth. (The batter will be thick.) Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the batter.
3. Dip one piece of bread in the batter and let it soak up the egg mixture for 10 seconds. Carefully turn the bread over to coat the other side. Repeat with second piece of bread.
4. Place batter-soaked bread in the skillet and spoon any remaining batter on top. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Then place on a small plate.
5. While French toast is cooking, microwave maple syrup until warm, about 20 seconds.
6. Pour warm maple syrup over French toast, serve and enjoy!
This recipe is from Bill Phillips' Eating for Life.