Sunday, March 11, 2012

Homemade Glass Cleaner


I really try to stay away from chemical-laden household cleaners. There are now many different “Green” household cleaning products on the market. You can also make your own household cleansers for a lot less money than you would spend on commercial cleansers. There is really no reason to subject you and your family to harmful chemicals.
I’m allergic to commercial glass cleaner. The ammonia in it will immediately irritate my lungs and can cause me to have an asthma attack. So, I just make my own glass cleaner. I tried using plain vinegar and plain rubbing alcohol. Neither was sufficient on their own. But I have found that a combination of two parts vinegar and one part rubbing alcohol does the trick for my glass cleaning needs.
There are lots of recipes you can find on the Internet. If you find one that works great for you, feel free to share in a comment below.

I originally posted this 12/26/11 on my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment