Quinoa is a great alternative to rice - it's lighter, and cooks in about half the time.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa, and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.
This recipe is from allrecipes.com.